Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PINK sidetable(finally)

The sidetable has been complete for some time, however for several reasons it has taken me over a month to post. First, I could not decide on the handles and debated back and forth on what to do, and second, life got in the way.

I purchased the sidetable at a yard sale for $6. Here it is before,


And after,






It is painted Martha Stewart's magnolia grandiflora. It is a light, light pink. I then used minwax polycrylic protective finish. It took about four coats of paint and three coats of the minwax to complete the piece.

For the handles I ended up spray painting the original handles a high gloss white. I am not sure I will keep them, however I will wait until I see everything else in the room before I make the final decision. I also lined the drawers with wallpaper. I buy the wallpaper at a local shop for $1 in their discount bin (much cheaper than drawer liner).

I hope you like it!!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment