Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bee’s & Butterflies

I’ve decided the first project that I am going to blog is our youngest daughter’s room.   I have chosen this project for several reasons, mainly because it is so fun to decorate a little girl’s room. However also because it is the next project on the honey do list, and it is the first time that she has had her very own room in her short 2 ½ years.

When we first purchased our home, this is what her room looked like


The blueish purple and pink butterfly wallpaper is not what I had in mind when I was picturing her room.

This is more of what I had in mind


Okay so her room is only 10x9 however I loved the painted purple beds, butter yellow walls and board and batten, or this



Once again the painted bed, the baskets for storage under the bed and who doesn’t love bunting!

This also makes me smile,



Here is a mood board that I have put together


 
  1. Board and Batten like this at It's the Little Things, or Centsational Girl, or here at Hooked on Houses
  2. This green gingham duvet cover from Pottery Barn
  3. Painted Pink dresser from Making it Lovely 
  4. Bee and flower quilt from Pottery Barn
  5. Love this quote (I don't remember were I found it, however if anyone can help me out it would be very much appreciated)
  6. Pink Rug from Pottery Barn
  7. White baskets for storage
  8. Some sort of “Name Art”
  9. Wall Colour "Dandelion for Roo"
 I can't wait to get started and share it all with you along the way :)


Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment