Friday, August 12, 2011

Time Flies…

Well, my last post was the planning stages of CM’s room and all of the project’s that I can not wait to get started in order to complete the room. However as usual I was side tracked by many many other projects and summer vacation. This is the view that I had from the cottage that we rented the end of July



I have to say that painting, refinishing and decorating were the last thing on my mind. However since returning, I have been a busy girl, painting dressers (that I can not wait to show you) and very motivated to get things done around the house. However neither of the dresser’s are for CM’s room. I find it very hard to just concentrate on one room at a time.

Last weekend I did go to a dozen garage sales and found a side table for CM’s room for $7 and I can’t wait to show you what I have done with it. Here is the before picture


I should be able to show you the after picture’s by Monday.

I love stroking completed projects off lists and getting things done, so I thought I would make a honey do list of things to do for CM’s room (like Sherry’s laundry room list on YHL) and then I can stroke them off as they are complete. (WARNING: this may take a long long time)

So here is goes,

  1. Remove beautiful butterfly wallpaper
  2. Remove current base boards and castings
  3. Board and batten walls
  4. Paint walls and ceiling
  5. Add crown moulding
  6. Find side table and paint it
  7. Find dresser and paint it
  8. Paint bed
  9. Make or buy curtains and blinds
  10. Shop for lighting, area rug, baskets and bedding
  11. DIY some art for walls

That is all I can think of for now, however I am sure there will be more to add. I better get busy painting…

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment